Visit Colmar and Petite Venise
Just 15 minutes’ walk from the hotel
By staying at our hotel, you’ll have the joy of staying somewhere calm and quiet yet less than 2 km from the centre of Colmar (10 to 15 minutes on foot). The town came in at No 3 in the classing of the 15 best destinations in Europe for the year 2018. You’ll also love Colmar, a Town of Art and History that is the wine capital of Alsace and among the most visited places in the region!
Some of the places you’ll want to see include:
- The Musée Unterlinden, one of the most visited museums in France and famous for its famous Isenheim Altarpiece
- Petite Venise (Little Venice), with its old houses constructed on the banks of the River Lauch
- The Quartier des Tanneurs, a district made up of high half-timbered houses which were once home to tanner families
- Old buildings like the Maison des Têtes, the Maison Pfister, the Koïfhus or the Ancienne Douane
- The Schwendi fountain, topped with a bronze statue by Auguste Bartholdi
- The Collégiale Saint-Martin and the Eglise des Dominicains
- The Colmar Toy Museum, the Musée Bartholdi (birthplace of the designer of the Statue of Liberty), the Village Hansi and museum (Jean Jacques Waltz alias Hansi/Oncle Hansi was the most popular Alsatian illustrator of all time).
All year round, you’ll be able to enjoy the covered market of Colmar. Around twenty stallholders offer you quality fresh produce, including fruit and vegetables, meat, charcuterie, cheese, baked goods, pastries, fish and other delicious regional produce.
As the days get warmer, come and enjoy the enchanting setting of Old Colmar during the Marchés de Printemps (spring markets). Plus from late November to late December, discover the magical Christmas markets along the streets of Old Colmar.